First Connections VA
Strategic Plan 2017-2020 Summary
To assure that all children in the communities we serve receive the best quality early childhood education and are prepared academically, emotionally, socially, physically and mentally for kindergarten.
Addressing Community Needs
Supporting Community Efforts
- Identify and address access and quality challenges in existing programs. (VSQI)
- Increase availability and access to quality early learning for children birth to age five. (VSQI)
- Increase availability and access to evidence-based or evidence- informed services for families challenged by multiple risk factors.
- Identify early the needs of children/populations with multiple or unique risks and coordinate the array of essential services needed to address multiple risks.
- Establish pathways for smooth transition of children from home to child care to preschool to elementary school. (Kindergarten Transition)
- Improve the competency of the early childhood workforce through increased access to professional development and specialized training that supports effective teaching and interactions with young children to reliably foster their physical, cognitive and social-emotional development. (CDA)
- Address the issues in Petersburg and begin to explore merging the community in to FCVA.
Purpose Driven Advocacy and Community Awareness
Access to Care
Awareness of Issues
Awareness of FCVA
- Build community will and support through public awareness, public engagement and advocacy.
- Improve availability of and access to evidence-based or evidence-informed programs and practices to support healthy pregnancy, birth and child development.
- Improve community will and capacity to used date to guide collaborative decision-making; to set ambitious and attainable community targets; and to measure, track and report results.
Infrastructure – Staff/Human Capital
- Establish and sustain an effective structure of public-private leadership to guide local early childhood systems development.
- Strengthen and expand resource development efforts to increase diversity of funding to sustain the strategic initiative and mission of FCVA.